Don't look back in anger...



So this morning I woke up to the devastating news that another attack had happened. My heart broke when I heard this news. What a world we live in. Nearly two weeks ago there was an attack in my home town of Manchester. This hit me hard as my partner, puppy and I were in the centre of Manchester a couple of hours before this happened as I had just finished work. I work next to the arena and I have been to many concerts here. Not at one point did I feel unsafe coming out of any of these concerts. My thoughts have been with the family, friends and victims of the attack. If Manchester has taught me anything we do not sit and do nothing, we stand tall and stick together. So today has been a very emotional day!


Today I decided to stand tall and pay my respects to all those innocent people. I have visited my city and admired the beautiful art work that has appeared around the city. The city is covered in pictures of bees and I love Manchester pictures. I also decided to visit St Anne's Square where there are flowers which have been laid. As soon as I walked on to the Square my breath was taken away and I was filled with emotion. I have never seen as many flowers, balloons, candles and bears in my life. It is a wonderful tribute and it shows how amazing Manchester is. I am so proud to be from Manchester!



So after a very emotional afternoon I decided to visit a vintage home fair at Victoria Baths. A brief history about Victoria Baths - The Baths first opened its doors to the public in 1906. The baths were closed down in 1993 and the building was left empty until a restoration project began in 2007. The building as you can see from this picture is absolutely stunning!








The vintage home fair wasn't to my liking but I did enjoy having a wonder round the baths. The baths are full of charter and still have its original features. Some of the building has been restore but there is still along way to go. I think this adds character to the building but I can't wait to see what it's going to look like when it's finished! I would defiantly recommend anyone to go and have a look around when its open! Here's a link to the website <3. If you would like to see more photos from my morning in Manchester and the Victoria Baths head over to my Instagram. I have set this up especially for this blog, so go and have a look.






The last part of my evening was filled again with emotion. Sam (Partner) and I watched the one love concert on BBC 1. Again this was filled with a mix of emotions. I was sad for the people who have lost their lives or been injured by the attacks in Manchester and London. I was also so proud of my city and the wonderful people who live in it. It has been amazing to see everyone stand together and be united. I recently had a Manchester bee tattoo and I am so proud to wear this!

I am proud to be part of this amazing city and wonderful country. We will stand together united.



                                                                       Peace and love, Vixy x










Comments

Popular Posts